12.11.2011

PLayiNg Catching UP: The Last 2 Weeks

Hey Lover, 

Things have been crazy for me the last couple of weeks that I haven't blogged as much. 
I've felt REALLY badly about it. 
This post should catch me up on a few events and outfits.

Enjoy
Love, 
Mo

1.  
A friend, Anna, invited me to a night flea market.  I had no idea what to expect but I was PLEASANTLY surprised. Halifax's artsy scene had a to die for vibe.  There were lumberjack beards and moustaches, bow ties and polka dot ties, gluten free baked goodies, nail art by my friend Stephanie and the piece the resistance mixed cassette tapes made on the spot with the prettiest covers.
I wish I had taken more pictures, however it was a little crowded in there ,but take it from me the "street style" was inspiring. 


2.
A few weeks back I received an invite to go to a shopping party.  One thing I love about Halifax is that we are big on hyping up our local businesses.  Wherever you are in dowtown Halifax, you are bound to see most stores with stickers encouraging you to BUY LOCAL.  The shopping party took place at Biscuit General Store, which is a great blend of quirky make-you-chuckle vintage finds and  wonderful pieces from brands like Cheap Monday, Toms, Betsey Johnson, Free People, and Valerie Dumaine to name a few.




3. 
With the change in weather comes the decrease of outfit posts. Canada's winters are SO brutal that I find myself wearing the same warm, thick and wind blocking clothing that, frankly speaking, just doesn't seem blog-worthy to me. In the past 2 weeks I have, sadly, only taken one outfit pic. Forgive me I will try harder!



4.
Last week was pretty much non-existent in terms of things to blog about.  I spent the week preparing for my event which I had on Friday December 9th.  It was a celebration of Curvy Geekery's 1 year Anniversary:  A night of entertainment, some prizes and revealing my new collection of clutches. I'm almost done with that GIGORMOUS post of Friday's happenings. I am still floating on the HIGH from that night. It truly was MAGICAL for me and can't wait to share it with you!

Love, 
Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment